Craft St Patricks Day

March 4, 2011 at 3:47 am

Seed Bead Four Leaf Clover

Seed Bead Four Leaf Clover

DSCN2353-1

For this week’s craft I wanted to get into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit.  This project is incredibly easy, low cost and I think very cute, but not cheesy.

Supplies:
I bought one sheet of scrapbook paper in a green damask pattern, on sale for 50 cents.  The seed beads were $2.99 for a small container in a coordinating green.  I used tacky glue which I already had on hand.  I also used a 5 x 7 frame that I had.  Total out of pocket cost was $3.49.

How To:
First I cut out the scrapbook paper to the 5 x 7 size.  I downloaded a picture of a four leaf clover I liked from a Google image shirt.  I traced it with a pencil onto the scrapbook paper.

Trace the outline of the four leaf clover in glue.  Then using a paintbrush pull the glue into the center and evenly coat the template in glue.

Cover the glued template in the seed beads.

Finished! First I had it in the black frame and I liked it.

Then I remembered this green frame that I had bought a few weeks ago on rock bottom clearance from Target.  It cost me a mere $1.48!

Even better!

I’ll be linking up here:

Weekend Bloggy ReadingJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!UndertheTableandDreaming

21 Comments

1. Cute project! Love the green damask paper! TFS :o)

2. FrouFrouBritches says:

That is so stinkin' cute!!! I love the texture with the beads. So cute! Love it!

I'm here from Amanda's party.

3. So cute! I love it in the green frame! Don't you love Target clearance:)

4. What a cute and easy way to dress up the room for St Patricks day! I found you from the Weekend Wrap Up Party…looking forward to reading and to seeing all of your creativity!

Mrs H

5. Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State says:

Ok, that is adorable!

Visiting from Serenity Now!

6. Very pretty…I like anything sparkly. ;) Love that it has some dimension to it!

Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. Have fun finding a a few good reads, and I hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

7. Holiday Snob says:

I love it! Saw this at Tatortots and Jello.

8. Great idea. The beads are fun…plus you have to love the Target Clearance deals!

9. Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle says:

Now THIS is a St Patty's Day project that appeals to me! Super cute!

10. Truly Love this!!!! I'm now a follower!

11. C.R.A.F.T. says:

Love this :) Please come on over and link up to MMM!

12. I love simple Shamrock decorations! Turned out great! Thanks for the inspiration.

13. This comment has been removed by the author.

14. Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com says:

Just saw this featured over at TT&J and had to come over! What a cute, simple project. I love it!! Thanks for sharing. ;)

15. Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com says:

aww this is precious! I don't know if my beads would fall where they needed to though :) would love for you to come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings http://www.ladybug-blessings.com if you have a chance :)

16. Colleen @ MuralMaker&More says:

What a great idea! Love it. But I'm wondering . . . how in the heck do you do ANYTHING crafty with 4 boys? Four! I had 3 and felt like my life was on permanent pause for quite a few years ;)

Dropping by from FB CrafterMinds.

17. So Beautiful!! I have GOT TO TRY IT!!!

18. Where did you find your beads? Also what did you do with the glass from the frame or were you able to fit the paper in with it? Thanks!

19. This is so cute! I posted it on my blog here: http://www.mycrazybliss.com/2012/03/st-patricks-day-decor.html
    I also have a few little boys!!

20. Amy Kirchhoff says:

Love how simple this piece of art is to make.

I included it on my “A Peek at My Pinterest” St. Patrick's Board post.

21. Pingback: Halloween Seed Bead Bat & Cat Craft - Momma D and Da Boyz