Craft St Patricks Day

March 11, 2011 at 2:57 pm

St Patrick’s Day Sock Wreath

St Patrick’s Day Sock Wreath
DSCN2760

This week a quick trip to the dollar store gave me all the supplies that I needed for an easy St. Patrick’s Day project!

Supplies:
I purchased a wreath form, a roll of white grosgrain ribbon and 3 packages of child socks in a fun green color.
How to:
First cut the wreath where it was molded together.  I used a sharp knife and was able to do this quickly.  This creates an opening to put the socks onto the wreath form.
Then simply snip the toe off of the socks you will use.
This makes the sock into a long tube.  Carefully slide the sock onto the form where you have separated it.  My small form required six of the children’s size socks.
On to embellishments!  I did some google searching and used this tutorial to make three flowers.  I then glued one of the cut ankles as a stem and added the three poms into a shamrock formation.  I added a couple of seed beeds left over from last week’s project for a tad bit of sparkle.  Loop the grosgrain ribbon on and hang!
An easy no sew project that cost $5!
I’ll be linking up here…
Weekend Bloggy ReadingJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!UndertheTableandDreaming

21 Comments

1. I'm here from Serenity Now. I love this idea and how it subtly says St. Patrick's Day. Nice going.

2. Very cute and SUPER creative to use socks!!

3. OH MY SOOOOOO CUTE!!! And all from the dollar store!! This is fore sure going on my list!!!
    I found you at the serenity now link up party!

4. Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State says:

That is such a cute idea! And it turned out adorable!

Visiting from Serenity Now!

5. What an easy, cute idea!

Visiting via Serenity Now :)

~meri

6. Super duper clever! I have seen many wreaths, never a cute sock wreath! I applaud your talent!!!

Stopping by from your link at Tatortots and Jello!
    ~Rachel @ cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com

7. That is so cute and I love that it was so simple {and so cheap} … adorable!

8. trophyw.blogspot.com says:

very fun!

9. What a fun idea!! I'm hooked on wreaths. This is something new to try : )
    p.s. I'm crafting in a male dominated house, too!
    craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

10. What a unique wreath idea! I don't think I would have ever thought to use socks!! It turned out great. :) Love the pretty embellishment you added!

Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

11. Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com says:

I love the use and the look of the sock!! How unique!!

—–
    If you have a chance please come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings…www.ladybug-blessings.com

12. Ty and Whitty says:

This is an adorable idea. So creative. Thank you for sharing. I saw your post from Tatertots and jello link party.

13. lauren@warmandfuzzy says:

I'm here from TT&J. Love this! Its so cute! AND its no sew, perfect for me! I would have never thought to use socks!! Very clever

lauren@ warmfuzzypurpleandgold.blogspot.com

14. Holiday Snob says:

What a clever little idea!! I love that dollar store!! Thanks for sharing–

15. This is amazing! Thanks so much for posting :) I have been on a wreath kick lately and have made 2 new ones, and this one is definitely on my list!! I'm stopping by from Amanda's party!

16. This looks great! Super cute & a great St. Patty's Day decoration:)

17. Wow, how cute! This is so unique! Love it : )

18. Lauren @ YoungNester says:

So creative! Thanks for sharing! I would love for you to stop by and link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party (it lasts all week)!

19. The Rheinlander's says:

I love this craft idea!! Sew Cool : ) Thanks for the Alexa review returned the favor and am now a follower and subscriber! Looking forward to your post!
    ~Melissa