We are getting ready for Easter in the D household! One of the staples of our Easter celebration is Easter eggs. This year I wanted to do something a little different. I decided to try and make monogrammed Easter Eggs.
I wanted to make them now, which is several weeks before Easter. Rather than hard boil eggs and only be able to display them for a few days, I pierced each end and blew out the yolks and whites leaving just the shells.
I then cut three different letter “d’s” using my Cricut. I used three of the fonts available on the Lyrical Letters cartridge and varied the size. Carefully I applied them to the egg.
I prepared dye bathes for the eggs using a commercial kit and colored the eggs. Orginally I had hoped to peel off the vinyl letter and have the egg remain white underneath where the vinyl had been. That did not work out, wherever the vinyl was on the thinner side it ran through. So I just left the vinyl on!
Just remember that if you have hollow eggs and dye them, you will need to re-blow after dying. It takes just a second and only a little of the dye bath ends up inside, but definitely be sure to remove the water/vinegar combination prior to displaying!
I found these tealight candle holders in three different sizes at the dollar store.
I added just a tad bit of decorative ribbon in spring colors as the holders were slightly larger than the eggs.
I think they came out rather nicely. I enjoy the personalized aspect.
And it goes well with last week’s Egg Garland project!
I’ll be linking up here…